Friday 22 March 2024

To Málaga and beyond (Torremolinos)

After a very refreshing sleep in a bed, my energy levels are up and today's ride of 100km is not hilly. Even better news is that I have a strong tail wind. All things considered, this is an easy day. 
I meet a 70 year old Canadian battling the hills around Almunicar and he complains that the air quality is very poor today. There is a sandy haze to everything, and the cars pumping out exhaust fumes is definitely not helping things. 
Once on the flat national coast road, I am cycling 30km/h without effort. I meet Alberto on his street bike and he offers to ride with me to Málaga. He weaves through traffic in the towns like a slippery eel and I try to stay on his tail. He rides like he is doing an alley cat - my wide and heavily laden bike is not as agile. I push to keep up, especially at the minor inclines. 
When we reach Málaga he gives me a quick tour of the bay area and tells me that I'll be on his Instagram page the next day, et voilà......

No comments:

Post a Comment