Sunday 31 March 2024

Sevilla, washed out Easter

It's a hard won fight today with hills and lots of wind and rain. After 40km, I decide to see if I can take a train to Sevilla, but due to Semana Santa, most are booked out and alsp probably too full to accommodate a bike with luggage. It's only 110km by the time I reach the city, but one of the more uncomfortable days I have had biking. 
Luckily, I have found a Couchsurfing hostess, called Marga, who takes care of me from the moment I arrive - shower, private bedroom and food in a nearby bar. 
It rains steadily for the next 3 days, and Ilario keeps saying "incredible, last time it rained here on Good Friday was 75 years ago". The storm is called Nelson and has caused flooding all around Spain. Marga also invites another bike teekjer to stay in the apartment - Mauro - and we are both very relieved to have such hospitality when the weather is so horrendous. 

No comments:

Post a Comment