Thursday 21 March 2024

Somewhere outside Balanegra (Álmeria)

I leave the beautiful Las Negras in the late morning, not knowing where I will sleep in the evening. The national park around Las Negras is sparsely populated and still there is a lot of rubbish on the street verges - mostly plastic water bottles - so far I have just been drinking tap water here. After a few hill climbs, I arrive in Álmeria, where I meet Bodhana (CouchSurfer) for a chat. 
She is originally from the Ukraine but fell in love with Álmeria whilst on Erasmus here. A quick conversation turns into hours, as we both have a lot in common. This means I depart Álmeria at sunset, looking for a wild camping spot out of the city. In the end I find a spot near Balanegra - nearly 45km away - it's nice riding at night when the heat is gone. 

No comments:

Post a Comment