Friday 15 March 2024

Allante Alicante!

Another 100km+ day today to reach Alicante. It is definitely more hilly today and the total elevation is more than 1000m for the day. The prevailing south westerly winds impede speedy progress. I pass by the very ugly, skyscraper-filled Benidorm, which even at off season, seems somewhat buzzing with tourists at the beach. 
Alicante does not seem to offer much for the tourist, so I pass through the city and onward toward Cartagena. 
I have tried to find hosts using Couchsurfing and WarmShowers in Alicante to no avail. 
The essentials I need when I stop somewhere: toilet, water bottle refill and some shade. Extra nicities include WiFi, coffee and a place to charge my phone. 
Just south of Elx, after nightfall, I find a spot to camp for the evening. The next morning I am rudely awakened at 7am, just like Arthur Dent in A Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy, by a big yellow bulldozer. Looks like I camped right beside an early riser's quarry. 

No comments:

Post a Comment