Sunday 10 March 2024

La casita verde, Castellón del plana

Battling the normal south westerly wind all day, it's a gruelling day on the saddle, especially as I plan to do more than 100km today. Instead of taking the more circuitous and hilly coastal path, I use my shortcut of taking the secondary road 340 which stretches 1200km around the coast. Progress is slow, the scenery pretty dull, but my praise to the drivers here, who are patient and nearly always give more than 2 metres distance. 
Audiobooks accompany me on these bike treks and this time is no different. Rosamund Pike reading The Wheel of Time, staves away the boredom of these featureless roads. 
I see only two bike adventurers heading in the opposite direction today, although rumour has it that 200+ use the eurovelo 8 in summertime. I guess the eurovelo 8 only sometimes use these more car centric roads and more could probably be met on quieter roads. 
Luckily I have a little cabin of paradise at the end of today's journey, la casita verde (the small green house). 

No comments:

Post a Comment