Monday 18 March 2024

Águilas (nice decathlon here)

After a terrible night's sleep in the hostel dorm - new arrivals being loud at 2:30, snoring and multiple early alarms going off - I grab a quick breakfast and am on the road early. As I am nearly on the South coast, the temperatures are rising and the midday sun can be intense. 

The day includes two hill climbs of 450m, so for the first time there will be some pressure on my climbing legs. Actually, it turns out to be not that hard and I decide to wild camp at about the 90km point near Águilas. There seem to be beachfronts full of RV / camper vans. I guess the cops do not enforce their wild camping rules at this time of year. I decide to do likewise and set up my tent overlooking a nice beach. 
I check the water to see it is still too fresh to swim, and, yes, yes it's pretty fresh - about 14C I reckon. I guess this is why it is off season - in June the water temperatures are always above 20C. 

No comments:

Post a Comment