Friday 15 March 2024

Coast road to Xàbia

The choice is to follow the downloaded Eurovelo 8 gpx route to Alicante, involving 1000m elevation and deviating from the coast roads, or stay along the busier coast and have approx 300m max elevation. My knee is feeling a little weak, possibly due to the saddle being a tick too high, so I decide to keep my mountain paths until later in this adventure. 

The road south of Valencia is a lot less cycle friendly, but one passes the Parc de Bufala just outside of town. It's pretty flat and nothing special today, as I am always out of sight of the beaches. I complete over 100km and wild camp in a bamboo field. This time, due to limited floor space, I try camping without my tent. A success and less packing the next morning!

No comments:

Post a Comment