Thursday 7 March 2024

Costa daurada to Cambrils

A very enjoyable and memorable bike ride from the suburbs of Barcelona to Cambrils, on the Costa Daurada. 
I am following Eurovelo 8, which follows the Spanish coast all the way to Cadiz, near Portugal.  I am using Komoot app and have downloaded the eurovelo 8 gpx route. This means I can get the app to tell me turn-by-turn directionsthrough my earphones, so that I do not constantly have to have the phone open in front of me. 
At midday, I stop for a few minutes and Adam, a french bike tourer, pulls up alongside me and initiates a conversation. We ride together until Tarragona, where he finds a hostel. He plans to ride to Morocco along the coast road from his home in southern France. The roads are mostly dedicated bike lanes along sandy beaches, so we can chat while ride. The weather is perfect for biking (20C) and we have a bit of a headwind today. 
We exchange contact details and hopefully get to ride some more of the coast together in the coming days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment