Tuesday 6 June 2017

Vienna

It's late afternoon before I leave the tranquility behind and make my way toward Vienna, my final stop in Austria. The bicycle path gets surprisingly less busy as I near Vienna, but this might simply be due to the weather becoming more cloudy and windy.
Although the cycle paths have been excellent so far on the Danube way, Vienna is a whole different story. Here the car is king and I find myself having to lift my bike up and down stairs and battle with car traffic on the outskirts of the city.  It's a city with a pretty, tourist-filled centre, but there are simply too many tourists and cars for me to care for this city.
However, Barbara and her daughter, Laura, provide me with a reason to come and visit this city again. She grew up in the same neighbourhood where a currently resides and looks after my hunger and also need to talk after the day's ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment