Wednesday 14 June 2017

Recalmas, the wrong side of the river

There are few bridges, or even river boats, south of budapest. This causes me a dilemma, one that gets more annoying as the day progresses. By not following the designated Euroroute 6, I am meet with sign after sign specifically prohibiting bicycles, horse carts and tractors. I simply have no choice but to turn around our take a major detour, probably doubling the distance; all side roads lead to dead ends.
It being a Sunday means that the traffic is not heavy and it is, by far, not the most dangerous road I have cycled, just annoying to be reminded by the signs that I could be pulled over at any time.
Szilvia lives with her two large dogs and cat in Recalmas, a small village on the west of the Danube. She invites me out for pizza and later we take the dogs for a walk and swim.


No comments:

Post a Comment