Sunday 11 June 2017

Hungary for Gyor

Still following the Danube, sort of. The cycle paths of Austria are a distant memory and Euroroute 6 now consists of a bicycle symbol painted onto not-so-busy roads. As the cycle paths deteriorate, the number of cyclists dwindles to just the occasional touring cyclist. I pass into Hungary on a dusty path to no fanfare, not even a Hungarian flag marking the border.
Eszter is the Couchsurfer host in Gyor for the evening. She invites me to try Lagos. It's a large round, heated sweet bread, smothered with cottage cheese and then topped off with grated cheddar​ cheese. Its delicious but very heavy. We have a walk about this lovely city and I see a just how baroque the Catholic churches can be in Hungary. Later in the evening wear attend a political party meeting. As it's all Hungarian to me, I enjoy the sunset over the river.



No comments:

Post a Comment