Sunday 11 June 2017

Esztergom, the religious capital of Hungary

The weather remains a sultry 25C, with little wind and only very lonely clouds floating in a sea of blue. As a result, I take my time on the winding cycle route, but still am able to reach my destination each day before 18:00. The key with bike touring is to take it easy and take short breaks so that your muscles don't get a chance to grow tight. It also gives you a chance to look around and really enjoy the surrounding nature.
Gabor, my Couchsurfing host for the evening, has prepared a several course meal in anticipation of my arrival. This makes a very welcome change from the museli/ peanuts/ bread/ fruit diet on the road. We spend the evening touring the city and comparing life stories. Although a Franciscan, his take on Catholicism proves interesting. Who knew that Jesuits meditate? This is probably why Pope Francis is different.











No comments:

Post a Comment