Saturday 1 July 2017

Vidin, Bulgaria, a temporary parting of ways

Not a single car at the border with Bulgaria, and Vidin lies only 25km away. It is in Vidin that Nadine has decided to catch the train to avoid the hills that follow.
It's a rather large town, with large  stretches of bicycle lanes and plenty of fountains to refill our water bottles. Nadine catches the afternoon train and I wait until the evening to continue toward Vratsa.
In Bulgaria even the highways/ motorways can be used by cyclists... actually sometimes there is simply no other choice but to use these roads; not for the faint-hearted at times.
Instead of camping in Lom, the last town for me on the Danube, I cycle into the night so that I don't have to attack too many hills the following day.
I camp just after nightfall beside a corn field.



No comments:

Post a Comment