Wednesday 19 July 2017

Sombor, crashing the party


I meet Rodrigo on the road to Sombor the next day. Baking midday heat impedes our progress somewhat, so we arrive in Sombor in the late afternoon.
I decide to drop into the yoga centre unannounced, where I stayed last month. I enter the large garden to find a large group of people practicing capoeira and lots of tents set up on the lawn. It turns out that there is an eighteen day yoga/ mediation camp in progress, with participants from eight countries. I ask Fabian of it is ok for us to camp there for one night. Although he has his hands very full, we are introduced to the group and encouraged even to participate in yoga and meditation, in Serbian. The atmosphere is fun and everyone is curious about us and our travels.

No comments:

Post a Comment