Monday 17 July 2017

Novi Sad, reuniting of the fellowship



Waking too near dawn for my taste, I am able to avoid the early rush hour in Belgrade and find myself in Novi Sad at midday. This is a relief as the sun, once again, is 40C and there is little protection from its intensity when you are on the road.
Contacting Rodrigo, I find he has not yet reached Novi Sad, so I find a pleasant park to while away the afternoon. We meet later on a beach on the banks of the Danube and go for a refreshing swim. We meet some locals who tell us that the Exit festival is just over and chat for a while, mostly about politics, before I am pulled away by my having to meet my Couchsurfer, Miloš. Over a beer, I tell him about my Couchsurfing experience and he tells me about the murky world of Google rankings.
And where is Rodrigo, you may ask? He is wild camping on a beach by the Danube.

No comments:

Post a Comment