Friday 5 June 2015

Konin

Early start and a sad farewell to my very gracious CS host in Poznan - Waldemar. Excellent cook, company and city guide. 
The main roads on Poland are of high standard but sometimes cycling is forbidden and you have to take a more scenic route. And today this was very tortuous and damn near impossible to cycle. 
Exhibit A: quicksand - two wheels bad, two feet slow
Exhibit B: standard country road with extra sand topping
Exhibit C: open street maps describes this as a road suitable for cars. I found it hard to discern their definition of road
Blistering midday heat and 115km completed, but still in time for lunch in Konin...my timing for meals is improving. 
Met with my CS host Karina who fed me with homemade plum cake until I could eat no more and then took our bikes out for a spin around town. Had a chance to check out the petting zoo, the park, the river, town hall and the main square. Karina and Robert on their renovated super chic bikes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment