Saturday 13 June 2015

And finally Latvia on the horizon

Running out of time and with a favorable wind forces and encourages me to make the 260km to Riga in 1.5 days. During which time I pass the 1000km mark. 
And then reach the Latvian border, after which (to quote Back to the Future), "there are no roads", well good ones anyway. 
This means that I break four spokes on the last leg of my journey and pray that my back wheel survives the final 80km to Riga. 
It does, and my wonderful hostess, Laura, and fellow participant in Love Nature, Janis, await my arrival with a packed day, including a trip to the beach where the sea is Baltic and a bar to test some Latvian beers and local delicacies.
 My poor back wheel. You lost one spoke in 1200km of travel to the Latvian border then another four on the last 80km to Riga - the Latvian roads have a reputation. You don't need to see the Latvian border signs, you feel it when you are in Latvia.

No comments:

Post a Comment