Friday 4 August 2017

Brno

With a packed lunch, courtesy of my foster mother (I'm sure she has hundreds of foster kids), I set off for Brno. It's the second largest city in the Czech Republic and I remember it as a less pretty, but gentler vibe, than Prague.
Yet again, I am relying on the last minute search on Couchsurfing and BeWelcome to come to my rescue and yet again, it does not disappoint. Lenka is my heroine this time and she lives on the outskirts of town. This means hills, lots of hills, to climb. We head out on the town and a quick tour of the city and night.
Next day I explore the city alone, taking in the parks (slackliners abound), la bouchele (an urban garden) and an artist neighborhood. It's difficult and confusing to get around this city, as there are numerous trails through parks and steep inclines everywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment