Sunday 18 September 2016

Dubi, Dubi, Dubi, Dubi, la, la, la, la, la, laaaa

Decide that I can't get enough of the Elbeweg, so in spite of it adding another 40km to today's ride, I stay with the river until I cross the Czech border. 
As can be seen in the photo, weather conditions have altered dramatically. It rains quite heavily all day, which is not only annoying, it also ruins the stunning views. 
There is a mountain range (Sechsisser Schweiss) that limits excludes all but the most hardy of cyclists crossing into Czech. If that weren't enough, the Czechs decided to put little thought into their cycling infrastructure - this means that I bike as close to the edge of a reasonably traffic-heavy road until I reach Dubi, near Teplice. 

Here I meet up with Tomas and Pavlina who have offered to host me for the evening. Suddenly it's the start if a Saturday night pub crawl about Teplice and Dubi. I especially liked the "beer platter" that they served in the Monopol bar/ micro brewery. 

No comments:

Post a Comment