Sunday 18 September 2016

Bike trip inventory (Autumn mode)

After a few years doing this, prepping for a cycling trip is getting easier and I've leaned exactly what is essential and what just weighs you down and breaks your spokes. 
For this biking adventure lasting three weeks through Germany, Czech Republic and Poland, I will be bringing the following:
Camping gear:
2 person tent (2.4kg)
3 season sleeping bag
Thermarest mattress 
Headlamp

Bags/ storage:
2 x back roller ortlieb panniers
Handlebar ortlieb bag
4 x stainless steel water containers (750ml)
Tupperware container
2 x large zip lock bags
Wallet

Bike accessories:
Spare tube
Puncture repair kit & tyre levers
Compact pump
Multitool (topeak hummer 2)
Adjustable wrench
2 x cable ties
Pliers
Leatherman multitool - micra 
Mechanic gloves
Pentagon allen key

Entertainment/ Tech;
USB werk (charges phone while riding)
Ebook reader 
Iphone 4 (maps.me - downloaded relevant maps; windguru; blogger)
Paper notebook and pen - waterproof
Watch 
USB iPhone charger with mains plug 
Bike computer

Clothes:
2 x biking shorts
2 x biking tops
Helmet
Sunglasses
Sunglasses
Towel
Waterproof trousers
Waterproof jacket
Waterproof socks
Waterproof cycling shoe protectors
Cycling shoes (clip in)
Light runners
3 x socks
3 x boxers
Long t-shirt
Fleece jumper
Light long trousers 
Glasses
Casual t shirt
Light hat

Toiletries:
Sun cream
Toothbrush 
Toothpaste

Miscellaneous:
Abus lock
Gifts for couchsurfers
Food clip to seal open packaging

Food:
Peanuts
Apples
Dried fruits
Rice based meal
Magnesium effervescent tablets

Things I wish I brought:
Hi viz vest
Magnet to connect USB port to frame

I keep my pack to a minimum these days so that I have to carry less, easier to organise things and less likely to loose things. I ride with only two back panniers, which allows easier removal of my stuff and doesn't weigh down my steering. 








1 comment:

  1. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I definitely enjoying every little bit of it I have you bookmarked to check out new stuff you post motorcycle helmets for kids

    ReplyDelete