Thursday 5 May 2016

Caen

This habit of late starts and procrastination mean that I reach Caen after 21:00. The wind has turned it's back on me and is now my daily enemy as I wish for hills to provide some shelter from its breath. There is the feeling of accomplishment in summating even the lowliest hill, but strong headwinds taunt continuously and the struggle has none of the same victorious feeling at the end if the day.
Jeremy and Clara are happy to receive me into their apartment in the centre of town, where talk turns swiftly into the left wing activism that is happening in numerous cities in France. They provide an intelligent insight into what's happening at these demonstrations and the brutality of the police to oppose this peaceful right to protest. 

No comments:

Post a Comment