Sunday 11 October 2015

Vienna

For once I actually take the Radweg (designated bike path), as I am in no rush and this close to Vienna all the roads are pretty hectic. 
Tim, a friend of mine, has come to my rescue and agrees to host me for the two nights. He lives in a shared house with a diverse set of housemates, who are pretty alternative.... Berlin/ Vienna DJ, artist, etc.
Hang about the city for the first day being a tourist - seeing sights, drinking coffee. Although it is a very pretty city, this way of seeing the city no longer interests me. 
We head out to a "Clowns without Borders" fundraising event which is exactly the kind of thing I do like. And then later to Tim's friend's birthday party until the early hours. 
Next day, Tim shows me around. First it's off to the farmers market and then onto Urbanise # 15 - a 10 day event presenting new grassroot projects. This is fascinating stuff - urban mobility and reducing gentrification by pooling inhabitants rent in order to buy a space - Habitäterin (in case you are interested). 
Everyone is allowed to draw their thoughts and ideas directly on the walls, as the space is being renovated. 


No comments:

Post a Comment