Thursday 27 September 2012

Bacau --- Catania (Sicily, Italy)

Mediterranean morning swimming -
happier than I look to be here
Flying seems such a cheat, but gotta keep to a deadline: Francesco's wedding in a few days on Sept 28th in Modica.
Underwhelming Sicilian wine
The next question is whether our DIY packing job was sufficient to protect my bike from the "throwers" in both airports. A quick inspection and alles in Ordnung! Just need 40 minutes to unpack the bike and reconstruct and I am able to ride right out of the airport. Again, some puzzled and, I like to think, admiring looks by the airline staff whilst doing so.
Make it to camping ground (Jonsi) and experience my first Sicilian pizza. More spectacular is the location of the campground - directly situated on the coast, so I go for an early morning swim the next morning. The Black Sea last week, now Mediterranean... amazing.

No comments:

Post a Comment