Friday 12 April 2019

Propriano - stealth camping

It's only 60km down the cost to Propriano, but having checked the hilly terrains (1200m cumulative elevation), I decide that that'll suffice for a day's ride. Who wants to rush past such stunning coastal views anyway?
Having found no host nearby, I break out my camping gear for the first time this tour. I like the term "stealth camping" more than "wild camping", as where I camp is usually not that wild and needs to be a little stealthy, to avoid suspicious locals. This proves a little troublesome in this part of Corsica, as there are private property signs and wire fences blocking my access. As the sun sets, I, desperate, cheekily find a sheltered spot opposite an official campground - it is probably closed anyway, as it is not yet tourist season.
The next morning I wake with the sun and am on my saddle riding away at 7:30. Stealth camping does have the advantage of making a quick and early getaway, meaning no rush to reach the next destination.

No comments:

Post a Comment