Wednesday 26 September 2018

Lindau (Austrian border)

On checking the wind forecast the next day, I double check that the units I am reading are correct. It forecasts head winds on average of 32km/hr with gusts up to 65km/hr. What looked like an easy first day ride may be a little more strenuous. I procrastinate all morning to start the ride and start in the early afternoon. After all, why not put myself under time pressure as well.
Thankfully the roads are pretty flat and well surfaced, but I do find myself at times nearly being blown to a complete standstill. It's the gusts that frighten me the most, as they can blow you into the middle of the road at a whim. I see very few cyclists out today, despite it being Sunday. I guess they decided that conditions were not favourable enough. 




Lindau slowly creeps up on me and I meet my next couchsurfing host, David. David is originally from France, a city planner and shares a lot of my worldviews. After I am suitably feed and watered, we talk until the early hours and, after a brief pause to recharge, the next day until lunchtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment