Saturday 13 April 2024

Porto Novo

Starting near midday after breakfast with Kasper, I have refreshed legs and the journey of 90km is pretty easy, in spite of headwinds and some hilly terrain. I opt for the national roads as I want to get to Lisbon without the hastles of directions and poor road conditions. Thankfully the drivers are once again respectful of cyclists' safe distance, although the large trucks and buses do feel unnerving on these relatively narrow roads with little hard shoulder. 

Not finding a host in Sines, I choose to find a wild camping spot close to the beach near the touristic Porto Novo. The village seems to be particularly full of hikers and some bike trekkers. Porto Novo is only 100km away from Lisbon and easily reachable by a regular bus service. Luckily it is not high season and finding a hidden spot in the dunes is not difficult. 
The next day I decide to stay another day in this area and chill on the beach most of the day. My camping spot is so secluded, I simply collapse the tent during the daytime, so that I don't have to carry my luggage to the beach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment