Saturday 23 April 2016

Lovin' Leuven

Although a detour of 50 km from my intended route, I simply had to drop in to the Laurent and his lovely family in Leuven.
They had hosted me twice before two years ago and I had felt like one of the family. The family is large in both senses - the older boys (Adam and Jan) are more than 2 metres tall and the younger two (Klara and Rik) steadily catching up.
After a 120km uneventful trip from Aachen, Laurent had promised me an evening of mountain biking. The first thing he showed me on entering his garage was a few of the bikes which could be suitable for this evening'a proceedings. I chose a bike worth more than 2000€ with a Rohloff hub. It was a glorious evening for a bike ride but my legs suffered to keep up with the large pack of 20. 35km of trails and asphalt later, with the sun having set, we retired to the pub.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment