Saturday 23 April 2016

Lalo from La Capelle

Again a detour from my intended path, but when one receives an invitation to sleep in a farm and is passionate about organic farming, who am I to refuse?
This detour means that today's journey is expected to be 135km. However, as the roads are overflowing with large trucks, my option for smaller roads and a technology breakdown - 2 dodgy is not better than one functional one -iPhones and means that in the end I make 160km.
Wearily I dismount my bike and meet Lalo in her farm courtyard in La Capelle. She has taken over her father's farm in January and tells me how she has completely transformed and organised it since then. She is a positive, energetic and thoughtful person, who believes that she is making a political action in everything she does, be it running a farm single handedly or hitch-hiking.   We talk late into the night and find that our attitudes in life are similar, maybe hewn from our similar travelling style. 


Visiting the farmers' market the next day, helping out with farming duties and eating locally produced organic produce makes it difficult to leave Lalo and her farm behind. I eventually drag myself away after 17:00

No comments:

Post a Comment