Thursday 30 April 2015

Popayan - whiter than white

Popayan (the white city) becomes that bit more whiter before Easter week, with all the walls of the buildings getting another coat of white paint.
Time to try another style of backpacking - staying at a hostel. And what a hostel! Those windows belong to the hostel right on the main square. 
Hanging about the city, eat some amazing fruit and then picnic on this hill overlooking the city. 
However, inspiration strikes when others tell me of the golden surf-washed beaches to be had in Ecuador. Not part of the original plan, but now I'm off to Ecuador. As usual, I am assured that the next leg of my journey, is definitely a little risky. "Don't travel by night" is the common refrain... sounds a little like "stay off the moors" to me and I have yet to see any werewolves here. Hmmmm, it's so much more efficient to travel by night.

No comments:

Post a Comment