Carbo loaded and having avoided the major rain showers, I cycle toward the Italian border. I had wanted to visit Trieste in Italy, but change my mind last minute and simply skirt the Italian border and on towards Croatia: an impending storm plays a role in this decision.
From Muggia (Slovenia) to Porec (Croatia), there is a famous cycleway. The Slovenian side has dedicated paths and even tunnels and is a great stretch of cycling infrastructure. Whereas the Croatian side consists of gravel trails and main roads.
I reach the Mediterranean coast where the sun still shines, but the humidity is building to a crescendo.
This evening's entertainment consists of cowering in a small tunnel waiting for the lightning display to abate.
I make it in not Croatia and find space in a forest to set up my tent for the night. Bring wet and setting up camp during a rain shower is something that can only be described as uncomfortable.
No comments:
Post a Comment