Tuesday 9 May 2023

There's no place like Croatia

The tough decision having been made to continue living, I wheel my bike North again. To avoid the muddy paths and crazy main roads of Bosnia, I seek out the closest border crossing. Welcome back Croatia, all is forgiven. 

Tempting me to stay in Bosnia, the smaller roads I take today are pleasant and the sun is beginning to shine. No, I shall not be tricked into staying. 
There is some serious elevation today (at times 15% roads), but when it's not raining and there is little traffic, it's an enjoyable process. 
I just wonder if Igor can host my weary body and bedraggled nerves tonight. I had said farewell to him as if I were off on a terrifically long biking adventure and now here I am, one day later, returning to his home. 
Not only is Igor happy to see me again, his girlfriend (Sveta, Croatian for "flower") is also very welcoming. They wine and dine me over the next two days and we have longer conversations in the evenings. Luckily they allow me to help them out on the farm the next day. It's nice to be able to give something back.  

No comments:

Post a Comment