Tuesday 16 October 2018

Milano


With a early farewell to the guys, I head out into the rainy streets bound for Milan. It is the first day of rain so far and it really has a marked effect on my 'cycling mood'. The rain, combined with the precarious roads, means that it is with overwhelming relief that I reach Milan. Two things I learn from this day: bike trekking in Italy and in the rain is not pleasant.
Thankfully, Carlo has prepared a delicious pumpkin soup for my arrival. The perfect meal to put my misery behind me.
the next few days I spend looking about Milan and hanging out with Carlo. A particular delight is Snupi's pizzeria, a local haunt of Carlo's since he has been a kid.
I take an overnight FlixBus back to Berlin, rather than risk the October weather in the Alps.




No comments:

Post a Comment