Tuesday 22 September 2015

Road to Croatia

Starting at the end of September decide to skip the German part of my bike trip to Croatia by taking MeinFern bus. Apologies for the plug, but it is worth noting that they do take fully assembled bikes across Germany for only 9€. This means my trip to Salzburg (border town of Austria) involves a minimal amount of fuss and his a cheaper alternative to the Deutsche Bahn train. 
Salzburg is a sleepy Austrian city where I get to meet my first CouchSurfing host - Thomas. He is helping out with the refugees in Salzburg and tells me of his experiences with the influx of Syrian refugees, primarily seeking refuge in Germany after 1000's of kms by land and  sea. Thomas is a nudist and suggested that we have a beer together au naturale in his comfortable apartment. Why not? This is part of the joy of CSing: the "finding new comfort-zone effect". 

No comments:

Post a Comment